The Turner School was built in 1898. Rockford architectural firm Bradley & Carpenter designed the school in a combination of three popular contemporary architectural styles: Classical revival, Colonial revival, and Richardsonian Romanesque. The two-and-a-half story building is built from brick with a limestone foundation and a hipped roof. The main entrance is on the south side; the arched entrance is located within a projecting bay with a gabled pediment. The building’s roof includes an octagonal cupola and gabled dormers. The building was approved for use as a police station in 2015 and was later added to the National Register of Historic Places on Dec. 29, 2015.